Nabob Coffee infused chocolate mousse scoops
Makes 36 Scoops
This simple bite size delight will make you appreciate the flavour of the Full City Dark Roast coffee with the heart-warming taste of the dark chocolate.
36 Tostitos scoops
4 ounces 70% dark chocolate to coat the scoops
One batch Nabob coffee infused chocolate mousse
Fleur de Sel to sprinkle over mousse scoops
For the Chocolate Scoops:
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and using a brush, paint the inside of the scoops.
No need to worry about becoming an artist - this is a fun and simple step in making the scoops simply amazing with the mousse.
For the Mousse:
Nabob Coffee Infused chocolate mousse
16 ounces melted 70% chocolate
2 ounces strong brewed Nabob Full City Dark Roast coffee
1/3 cup white sugar
2 whole eggs and one egg yolk
1 cup 35% cream whipped
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- Beat the eggs and yolk until frothy and creamy
- Bring the coffee and sugar to a boil mixing with a wooden spoon at first (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the coffee syrup very slowly to the egg mixture and beat the egg mixture until cool when touching the bowl.
- Fold-in the chocolate in three batches.
- Fold in the whipped cream in three batches until well combined.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
The mousse can be piped into the scoops or it can simply be spooned in.
Lightly sprinkle the fleur de sel over the mousse.