Grilled Boneless Chicken Kebabs on Grilled RomaineDownload printable .pdf
Serves 6 to 8
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the table salt and sugar in the water and brine the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour max
2. Remove chicken from the brine, dry thoroughly and coat with olive oil
3. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Drizzle the cut sides of each piece of romaine with about 1 teaspoon of the dressing.
4. Lightly coat vegetables by tossing in medium bowl with 2 tbsp oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400F and oil the bbq grill with vegetable oil. Note – the meat will stick to the grill if the grills are not heated properly first (15 – 20 minutes)
6. Thread a portion of chicken and vegetables onto 8 sets of double skewers, grill, turning each kebab one quarter turn every 2 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are lightly browned and meat is fully cooked, about 8 minutes total for white meat and 9 minutes total for dark meat. Check for doneness by cutting into one piece when it looks opaque on all sides. Remove kebabs from grill when there is no pink at the center. Serve immediately.
7. Grill the romaine, turning once, until marked and slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the romaine to plates and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt. Serve with the chicken skewers and sprinkle with the parmesan.