Mushroom, Sweet Pea & Asparagus RisottoDownload printable .pdf
DIRECTIONS1. Blanch peas in salted boiling water. Strain and transfer to ice water bath for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water for 8 minutes (more or less, depending on thickness). Strain and transfer to ice water bath for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms in a single layer, a large pinch of salt and sauté until lightly browned. Set aside.
4. In a large, heavy stock pan, heat ¼ cup olive oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat well. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add warm wine and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add 6 cups stock and bring to a light boil. Simmer until rice is al dente, (about 18 - 20 minutes). Add more stock if necessary. Stir in peas, asparagus, mushrooms and Parmigiano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately and sprinkle with more Parmigiano cheese.