Ribolitta - Tuscan White Bean SoupDownload printable .pdf
Serves 6 - 8
Directions1. In a large, heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and pancetta and sauté 6-8 minutes.
3. Lower heat to med-low and add the carrots, fennel (or celery) and garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes, and cook another 7- 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
4. Add the tomatoes and lacinato kale, and a splash of white wine, and continue sautéing and stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
5. Add the stock and beans.
6. NOTE: for a thicker soup, blend or puree 1 cup of the beans with a little of the stock
7. Bring the soup to boil, turn heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. You could add a Parmesan rind to the simmering soup for extra depth of flavor.
9. Stir in fresh Italian Parsley. Adjust salt if necessary. Serve in bowls with thick crusty bread.