Please Note - we are always Nut and Peanut free!
WINTER 2018 - COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Schedule up to March 31, 2018
5 Great NEW Classes to Choose From!
WINTER IN ITALY II
This class features some wonderful comfort food starting with a classic winter soup that you can have on the table in less than an hour. Also, you will learn to make pasta from scratch, which will then be transformed into an amazing ravioli dish. The evening finishes with a deconstructed Cannoli, a quick and easy dessert that is delicious
- Ribollita – Tuscan white bean soup with simple Crostini
- Ravioli stuffed with butternut squash and goat cheese with a brown butter and sage sauce
- Deconstructed Cannoli
In addition to basic knife skills you will learn how to layer the wonderful flavourings of this North African cuisine. A blend of dried fruits, nutmeg, cumin,coriander, allspice, cinnamon and ginger will bring a wonderful aroma to your kitchen when you repeat this menu at home.
- Mediterranean Salad - mixed greens, figs, apricots, olives and feta with a sherry honey vinaigrette
- Moroccan style chicken breast, stuffed with apricots, dates, figs and raisins topped with a dried fruit compote; served with a root vegetable tagine and couscous
- Lemon Cake (Meskouta)
SPANISH TAPAS III
Our Tapas classes always fill up quickly and these are classic Tapas recipes that will be easy to recreate at home.
- Tomato Bread and olives
- Patatas Bravas with chorizo
- Berenjenas Parrillas - (Grilled Eggplant with Melted Manchego, Capers, and Saffron Honey)
- Grilled calamari stuffed with ratatouille
- Catalan Crema
STREET FOODS OF THE FAR EAST III
Always a popular theme! Who knew that these rice paper rolls would be so easy to make at home and that Pho Bo is a meal in itself.
- Rice paper Rolls make a great starter
- Vegetarian dumplings – made from scratch!
- Pho Bo - the secrets revealed on how to make this amazing soup that is perfect on a cold winter night
- Kem Bo – avocado ice cream parfait
VEGETARIAN & DELICIOUS!
Our Chefs have created a delicious and healthy 4-course menu that even your meat loving friends will love!
- Parsley, lemon and cannellini bean salad with quinoa
- Wild Mushroom soup with sherry and thyme
- Butternut Squash Lasagne with Goat Cheese, Sage, and Bread crumbs
- Scandinavian iced berries with white chocolate sauce
VALENTINE'S COUPLES CLASSES - 2018
A wonderful 4-course cooking class, that even Valentino would approve of! A great way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
- Complimentary glass of Prosecco to begin served with flatbreads, dip, olives and cheese
- Salad - Seared Sea Scallop with red grapefruit and avocado
- Roasted Celery and Garlic Soup, puréed and topped with Crisp Prosciutto
- Bistecca alla Fiorentina. A well aged 3” thick porterhouse steak that is grilled to perfection, sliced thin and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. Served with sautéed greens, oven roasted tomatoes and the classic accompaniment of cannellini beans seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Decadent dark chocolate mousse with chocolate dipped strawberries
$250/couple plus HST
**No Gift Certificates for this Event**
REGISTER AND PAY FOR A CLASS
* Please read our cancellation and change policy below, before booking.
$99/person or $175/two plus HST
» Toronto Classes click to register
» Vaughan Classes click to register
» For more information e-mail or call 416.544.9221
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Cooking Class or Gift Certificate you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE GIVEN EXCEPT AS LISTED BELOW. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We understand that life occasionally throws us curve balls, but please do not ask us to make exceptions, as your late cancellation does not allow us enough time to re-sell your seats.
1. More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to future class.
2. Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Please have someone attend in your place.
3. No Notice:
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds or Rescheduling will be allowed.
4. Sickness or Illness:
- With less than 7 days notice, there are no exceptions for Sickness or Illness. NO Refunds and NO Rescheduling will be allowed.
5. Gift Certificate Use:
- If you intend to use a gift certificate for class payment and are unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of the circumstances.