Please Note - we are always Nut and Peanut free!
COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Scheduled up to AUGUST 31, 2019
GRILLING - Mediterranean style
This delightful class features classic Mediterranean foods of the season. The class will learn grilling tips and tricks for a wide variety of foods. Learn when to sear, slow cook or cook on indirect heat, then send out the invitations for your next BBQ party.
- Grilled Watermelon Salad, cucumber, feta, mint, balsamic drizzle.
- Grilled calamari, fresh tomato salsa, greens
- Lamb Kafta Lettuce Wraps, Tzatziki, Cucumber, red onion
- Baklava with cinnamon and sunflower seeds
ITALIAN - SUMMER PASTA MAKING CLASS
These are delicious summer recipes that you will want to repeat at your next summer dinner party.
- Romaine Hearts, Sherry Marinated Lentils, Crostini, Parmesan Crisps
- Hand Made Orecchiette with Broccolini and Sausage
- Raspberry gelato with lemon wafers
GRILLING - FUN IN THE SUN
On those hot and lazy summer days there is nothing better than a backyard BBQ and dining outdoors.
Our charred corn chowder has a beautiful smoky flavour and it is so easy to make. Portobello mushrooms grill quickly and make a great addition to a summer salad. Flank steak was onced considered a tough and unpallatable cut of beef. We now know that marinating and grilling this cut results in a wonderful main course. Our grilled smashed potatoes are so easy and delicious, you will be showing them off to your friends at you next BBQ party. The evening ends with grilled fruits ...who would have thought that you could grill peaches, bananas and pineapple?
- Charred corn chowder
- Mixed greens with grilled portobello mushrooms
- Herb marinated flank steak with salsa verde, grilled veg and grilled smashed potatoes
- Grilled Fruits with French Vanilla Ice Cream
tHE BOLD FLAVOURS OF MEXICO
These courses say it all. Learn the secrets of great Mexican fare.
- Mexican chopped salad with charred cream cheese stuffed jalapenos
- Chicken Carnitas Enchiladas: Fresh made tortillas, pulled chicken breast, guacamole, pico di gallo, sour cream, saffron rice.
- Berry Empanadas, whipped coconut cream
FOOD LOVER'S 5-COURSE CLASSES
These classes are extremely popular and sell out quickly. The Theme is known but the menu is a surprise until you arrive for the class.
May - Spring in Provence, France
June - Foods from the Greek Islands
August - Amazing Local Foods / Summer Harvest
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Cooking Class or Gift Certificate you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE GIVEN EXCEPT AS LISTED BELOW. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We understand that life occasionally throws us curve balls, but please do not ask us to make exceptions, as your late cancellation does not allow us enough time to re-sell your seats.
1. More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to future class.
2. Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Please have someone attend in your place.
3. No Notice:
Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds or Rescheduling will be allowed.
4. Sickness or Illness:
With less than 7 days notice, there are no exceptions for Sickness or Illness. NO Refunds and NO Rescheduling will be allowed.
You have purchased a "cooking event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final and if you can't make a class it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place.
5. Gift Certificate Use:
If you intend to use a gift certificate for class payment and are unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of the circumstances.