Please Note - we are always Nut and Peanut free!
COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Scheduled up to JUNE 1, 2019
ITALIAN PASTA CLASS
This is a class that is classic Italian and Vegetarian.
You will begin the evening with a classic Italian soup featuring San Marzano tomatoes, (which are the tastiest tomatoes in the world), topped with a pesto drizzle and served with buttery garlic bread. Your instructor will teach you the restaurant secrets for making pesto and delicious garlic butter.
The main course is a wild mushroom and Mascarpone stuffed ravioli served in a light cream sauce. You will be creating the ravioli from scratch including the pasta. The evening will finish with the class producing a delightful pumpkin spiced gelato.
- Rustic Tomato Soup with Pesto Drizzle and Buttery Garlic Bread
- Wild Mushroom and Mascarpone Stuffed Ravioli in a light cream sauce
- Made from scratch, Pumpkin-Spiced Gelato
ITALIAN WINTER/SPRING CLASSICS COOKING CLASS
You will begin the evening with the classic winter soup "Pasta e Fagioli".
The main course is braised rabbit, with pan-fried gnocchi. This dish was featured in a recent "Food Lovers" class and was a huge hit. The key to creating a flavourful rabbit is in the braising and your instructor will take you through the process from start to finish. Gnocchi are simple to make and you will be creating them from scratch.
For dessert you will be making a Mascarpone Mousse with balsamic-soaked strawberries.
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- Braised Rabbit with Pan-Fried Gnocchi
- Mascarpone Mousse with Balsamic-Soaked Strawberries
SOUTH-EAST ASIAN COOKING CLASS
The foods and flavours of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia are amazing. We start off the evening with each person producing their own Rice Paper Rolls and Green Papaya Salad.
The main course is the traditional Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup), which is a meal unto itself.
For dessert the class will be making Kem Bo, which is a sweet avocado ice cream with coconut shavings.
- Vietnamese Rice Paper Roll
- Green Papaya Salad
- Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
- Kem Bo (Sweet avocado ice cream with coconut shavings)
TASTES OF THAILAND COOKING CLASS
Back by popular demand from our Fall 2018 classes we offer this delicious and fun menu for a few nights.
- Thai Tom Yum Soup with Shrimp & Mushrooms
- Thai Green Coconut Curry with Chicken and Vegetables
- Sweet and Spicy Crispy Beef
- Thai Coconut Sticky Rice
- Mango Ice Cream with Coconut Wafers
This delightful fish class features Japanese flavourings.
The first course is a Seared Ahi Tuna served with crisp greens, shaved radish & cucumber and a wasabi mayo.
The main course is a Miso-glazed Salmon, poached to perfection and served with a cauliflower puree, sesame glazed carrots and Edamame Salad. You will never serve dried out salmon again, after taking this class!
For dessert, the Class will make a Mango Ice cream from scratch and Coconut Tuilles.
- Seared Ahi Tuna, Crisp Greens, Wasabi Mayo, Shaved Radish and Cucumber
- Miso-Glazed Salmon, Cauliflower Puree, Edamame, sesame glazed carrots
- Mango Ice Cream, Coconut Tuilles
GRILLING i - Mediterranean style
This delightful class features classic Mediterranean foods of the season. The class will learn grilling tips and tricks for a wide variety of foods. Learn when to sear, slow cook or cook on indirect heat, then send out the invitations for your next BBQ party.
- Grilled Watermelon Salad, cucumber, feta, mint, balsamic drizzle.
- Grilled calamari, fresh tomato salsa, greens
- Lamb Kafta Lettuce Wraps, Tzatziki, Cucumber, red onion
- Baklava with cinnamon and sunflower seeds
GRILLING II - ASIAN STYLE
A casual grilling experience. Guests will marinade and grill as they please, with these tasty Asian recipes and of course there will be a large pot of rice.
- Grilled Pineapple, Mango, Cherry Tomato, Romaine Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- Miso salmon, Korean-style short ribs, Chinese 5-spice pork belly, Thai red curry shrimp, Sesame-soy bok choy.
- Coconut Ice Cream with Fresh Mango
FOOD LOVER'S 5-COURSE CLASSES
These classes are extremely popular and sell out quickly. The Theme is known but the menu is a surprise until you arrive for the class.
- March - Seafood Theme
- April - Wild Game
- May - Spring in Provence, France
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Cooking Class or Gift Certificate you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE GIVEN EXCEPT AS LISTED BELOW. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We understand that life occasionally throws us curve balls, but please do not ask us to make exceptions, as your late cancellation does not allow us enough time to re-sell your seats.
1. More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to future class.
2. Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Please have someone attend in your place.
3. No Notice:
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds or Rescheduling will be allowed.
4. Sickness or Illness:
- With less than 7 days notice, there are no exceptions for Sickness or Illness. NO Refunds and NO Rescheduling will be allowed.
You have purchased a "cooking event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final and if you can't make a class it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place.
5. Gift Certificate Use:
- If you intend to use a gift certificate for class payment and are unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of the circumstances.