Please Note - we are always Nut and Peanut free!
COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Scheduled up to JAN 30, 2019
(NOTE: nO cLASSES sCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER)
Italian Comfort Food
Our Italian Cooking Classes are extremely popular and for the fall we are featuring three delicious courses. Minestrone Soup is a favourite for those cool fall days. For the Tortellini you will be making the pasta dough from scratch, then cutting the tortellini and filling with a delicious mixture of mushrooms, prosciutto and peas. It will be cooked and served with a light cream sauce. The evening will be topped off with a simple version of Tiramisu which takes far less time and tastes just as great.
- Saffron Minestrone Soup
- Ricotta-Stuffed Tortellini with Mushrooms, Prosciutto and Peas in a light cream sauce
- Deconstructed Tiramisu
French Country Food
Our Fall in France Class features 4 classic French menu items that you will easily be able to repeat at home.
We start the evening with a delicious baked brie and fresh baguette, followed by the classic Potato Leek Soup.
The main course is a twist on traditional Coq au Vin. We will prepare with a white wine vs the usual red wine.
The meal finishes with an amazing dark chocolate mousse.
- Baked Brie with Caramelized Pears, Shallots and Thyme, served with a fresh baguette
- Classic Potato Leek Soup
- Coq au Vin (classic braised chicken in wine)
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries
The Spanish Tapas Class is a unique format where the group prepares 6 small plates including a dessert. This is always a very popular class, so book early to get a seat.
- Marinated Olive Salad (Olives, capers, roasted peppers, sherry vinegar, olive oil), Served with a warm crusty bread crostini
- Berenjenas Parrillas - Grilled Eggplant with Melted Manchego, Capers, and Saffron Honey
- Grilled Calamari with a Tomato, Olive Salsa
- Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Patates Bravas Con Chorizo
- Dessert - Tres Leches Cake
A Taste of Thailand COOKING CLASS
Take a trip with your chef to the Far East where you will discover the wonderful flavours of Thailand.
You will begin the evening with Tom Yum Soup, which is a richly flavoured broth with shrimp and mushrooms. The next course is a Green Curry Chicken that is quintessential Thai. The class finishes with a Crisp Beef dish, coconut sticky rice and an amazing Mango ice cream made from scratch.
The evening will be topped off with a simple Mango Ice Cream and Coconut Wafers.
- Tom Yum Soup with Shrimp and Mushrooms (can be offered with no shrimp)
- Green Curry Chicken and Vegetables (vegetarian alternative available)
- Sweet and Spicy Crispy Beef (vegetarian alternative available)
- Coconut Sticky rice
- Mango Ice Cream with Coconut Wafers
MOROCCAN VEGETARIAN/Vegan COOKING CLASS
This is a class that everyone will enjoy, whether you are vegetarian or not and if you leave out the feta cheese and ice cream it can be suitable for Vegans as well. If you love the Moroccan flavours of cumin, cinnamon, ginger and coriander this is a class for you!
You will begin the evening with a delicious Mediterranean Salad featuring figs, apricots and olives. The 2nd course is a Moroccan spiced soup that is pureed and can be served as a shooter. The main course is a delicious root vegetable served over Moroccan spiced couscous. You finish the evening with Moroccan marinated orange slices served with French Vanilla Bean ice cream.
- Mediterranean Salad with figs, apricots, feta and olives)
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup shooter
- Moroccan roasted root vegetable stew with couscous
- Moroccan Marinated Orange slices with vanilla ice cream
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Cooking Class or Gift Certificate you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE GIVEN EXCEPT AS LISTED BELOW. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We understand that life occasionally throws us curve balls, but please do not ask us to make exceptions, as your late cancellation does not allow us enough time to re-sell your seats.
1. More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to future class.
2. Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Please have someone attend in your place.
3. No Notice:
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds or Rescheduling will be allowed.
4. Sickness or Illness:
- With less than 7 days notice, there are no exceptions for Sickness or Illness. NO Refunds and NO Rescheduling will be allowed.
5. Gift Certificate Use:
- If you intend to use a gift certificate for class payment and are unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of the circumstances.