Please Note - we are always Nut and Peanut free!
WINTER 2018 - COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
ScheduleD up to APRIL 28, 2018
SPRING 2018 - COOKING CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
ScheduleD up to jUNE 30, 2018
WINTER IN ITALY II
This class features some wonderful comfort food starting with a classic winter soup that you can have on the table in less than an hour. Also, you will learn to make pasta from scratch, which will then be transformed into an amazing ravioli dish. The evening finishes with a deconstructed Cannoli, a quick and easy dessert that is delicious
- Ribollita – Tuscan white bean soup with simple Crostini
- Ravioli stuffed with butternut squash and goat cheese with a brown butter and sage sauce
- Deconstructed Cannoli
In addition to basic knife skills you will learn how to layer the wonderful flavourings of this North African cuisine. A blend of dried fruits, nutmeg, cumin,coriander, allspice, cinnamon and ginger will bring a wonderful aroma to your kitchen when you repeat this menu at home.
- Mediterranean Salad - mixed greens, figs, apricots, olives and feta with a sherry honey vinaigrette
- Moroccan style chicken breast, stuffed with apricots, dates, figs and raisins topped with a dried fruit compote; served with a root vegetable tagine and couscous
- Lemon Cake (Meskouta)
SPANISH TAPAS III
Our Tapas classes always fill up quickly and these are classic Tapas recipes that will be easy to recreate at home.
- Tomato Bread and olives
- Patatas Bravas with chorizo
- Berenjenas Parrillas - (Grilled Eggplant with Melted Manchego, Capers, and Saffron Honey)
- Grilled calamari stuffed with ratatouille
- Catalan Crema
STREET FOODS OF THE FAR EAST III
Always a popular theme! Who knew that these rice paper rolls would be so easy to make at home and that Pho Bo is a meal in itself.
- Rice paper Rolls make a great starter
- Vegetarian dumplings – made from scratch!
- Pho Bo - the secrets revealed on how to make this amazing soup that is perfect on a cold winter night
- Kem Bo – avocado ice cream parfait
CLASS DESCRIPTIONS SPRING/SUMMER 2018
This is always a popular theme using fresh spring and summer ingredients. The class starts with simple summer bruschetta followed by a delicious salad, where the mushrooms can be prepared on the stove or on your outdoor grill. The main course features pasta, that the class will be preparing from scratch and the evening finishes with a classic summer homemade gelato
SPRING IN ITALY
- Summer bruschetta trio (tomato, white bean and sweet pea)
- Salad - A mix of Portobello and wild mushrooms grilled, served on a bed of greens with shaved Parmigiano
- Spaghetti from scratch with blistered tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and olive oil
- Stracciatella gelato with orange cookies
A TASTE OF MEXICO
This class introduces you to the wonderful tastes of Mexico ...citrus, mole, avocados and chiles. This is a wonderful menu that you will want to share with family and friends at a backyard BBQ.
- Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- A Taco Trio; (dry rubbed flank steak, chicken mole and vegetarian)
- Citrus macerated berries, with cinnamon wafer sugar cookies (alfajores) and whipped coconut cream
SUMMER GRILLING - MIXED GRILL
Everyone loves grilling in the backyard or the cottage. Our chefs will teach you a variety of grilling methods and even if you don't have a grill, you can duplicate the results on the stove, using some tricks of the trade.
- Grilled Calamari with smashed potatoes and olives
- Grilled boneless chicken breast cubes served on a bed of romaine
- Boneless leg of lamb with a feta gremolata and grilled seasonal veg
- Grilled fruits with french vanilla ice cream
CARIBBEAN gRILLing cLASS
To get you in the mood, this class starts with a Caribbean themed drink and a wonderful grilled salad. You will learn how to make Jamaican Jerk chicken from scratch and everyone will take home a half litre of the marinade.
- Grilled Caribbean fruit salad with honey lime dressing (pineapple, citrus segments) on a bed of smashed grilled plantains; butter lettuce cups, pumpkin seeds
- Jerk chicken with coconut rice and peas; collard greens
- Jamaican hot sauce or chutney
- White chocolate mousse with rum and coconut
Foodies love Tapas restaurants, where they can try and taste a wide variety of foods. Our chefs thought that a tapas style class would be a great way to introduce you to a variety of Japanese foods that you could then make at home.
- Miso Soup
- Karaage (fried chicken) with sesame mayo
- Hand rolls
- Miso glazed salmon with Edamame puree
- Tempura banana with chocolate sauce and handmade vanilla bean ice cream
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Cooking Class or Gift Certificate you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE GIVEN EXCEPT AS LISTED BELOW. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We understand that life occasionally throws us curve balls, but please do not ask us to make exceptions, as your late cancellation does not allow us enough time to re-sell your seats.
1. More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to future class.
2. Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Please have someone attend in your place.
3. No Notice:
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds or Rescheduling will be allowed.
4. Sickness or Illness:
- With less than 7 days notice, there are no exceptions for Sickness or Illness. NO Refunds and NO Rescheduling will be allowed.
5. Gift Certificate Use:
- If you intend to use a gift certificate for class payment and are unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of the circumstances.