The Kid's Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about fun.
2 Great locations in Toronto & Vaughan.
8 weeks - April 14, 2018 ...until June 9, 2018
Scroll Down for the Spring 2018 Kid's Cooking Class Calendar
- Children will learn the basics of food preparation, kitchen safety, cooking and baking techniques, measuring, knife skills, healthy eating – but most of all, they'll learn how to have fun creating and enjoying delicious food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on entertaining and interactive cooking experience for children.
- Your budding little chef is sure to enjoy the world of "sticky fingers" and they may even make dinner for you one day!
What Do We Offer in our Kid's Cooking Classes?
- There are themed classes on Saturdays during fall, winter and spring
- Week-long camp sessions at Christmas Break, March Break and during the summer vacation period.
Testimonials From our Jr. Chefs - click here
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now or call 416.544.9221
SPRING 2018 - Kids Cooking class Program
Saturday April 14th to June 9th
- Classes are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday
- Two locations to choose from:
- Vaughan (Hwy 7 between Keele and Dufferin)
- Midtown Toronto (516 Mt. Pleasant Rd - south of Eglinton)
- Parents may drop off or stay and watch
- Your choice - book the 8 week program or pay by the class
- No class on Victoria Day Weekend - May 19, 2018
- Age Group: Grade 1 to Grade 8
- Back for our 10th year, our Kids Cooking Class program is a "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get our Jr. Chefs comfortable in the kitchen, trying new foods and most of all to inspire kitchen creativity.
- Students will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more.
- Students will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class or take them home.
- This program will equip your child with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
- Classes are 100% Hands-on
or call 416.544.9221
SPRING 2018 SCHEDULE
- April 14 – Let's Get Started - week one is get acquainted with the kitchen. The kids will make Classic Canadian Comfort Foods ...Crispy chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, homemade buns and sauces. Veggies and dips that are tasty and healthy! Skills Learned: using knives, measuring, cutting up vegetables and fruits, baking and mixing.
- April 21 - Baking is Fun - in today's class they will learn that baking is more exact than cooking and involves exact measuring and following strict steps. The kids will make Banana Bread Loaves, Lemon Blueberry Cake and decadent Chocolate Chip cookies that they will take home to share with their family members. Skills Learned – mixing and measuring ingredients for baking; using the oven and Kitchen-Aid mixer.
- April 28 - A Taste of Greece - Everyone loves classis Greek food and in this class our Chefs will be sharing their favourite dishes. Chicken Souvlaki, Tzatziki, Greek Salad, Babaghanoush and nut free Baklava. Skills Learned: measuring, chopping, grilling and baking.
- May 5 - Mexican Day - May 5th is a National Holiday in Mexico (Cinco de Mayo) To celebrate this day the kids will have a Taco party (steak, chicken, fish and vegetables) with a kiddie Pina Coladas and traditional berries and cream. Skills Learned - grilling, chopping, measuring and mixing.
- May 12 - Mother's Day Brunch – Surprise your mother on Mother's Day with a secret menu just for her! Skills Learned - it's a secret!!.
- May 19 - Victoria Day Weekend - No Class
- May 26 - Italian Day - in today's class they will make pasta from scratch, which will be used to make their own personal lasagna with a delicious tomato sauce. Skills Learned – mixing and measuring ingredients for pasta and tomato sauce; using the pasta roller and stand mixer
- June 2 - BBQ Fun for Kids – the kids will make their own slider buns from scratch; home made beef and chicken sliders with Creamy coleslaw, Potato salad and Fruit crumble. Skills Learned – making bread dough and baking buns, mixing burger ingredients, grilling burgers and baking dessert.
- June 9 - Iron Chef Grand Finale - this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the kids to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per single class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now
Children's Camps at The Chef Upstairs (click)
Children's Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
KIDS COOKING CLASSES - Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Kids Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.