The Kid's Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about fun.
2 Great locations - Toronto & Vaughan
8 Week Program: March 30, 2019 to June 8, 2019
Scroll Down for the Spring 2019 Kid's Cooking Class Calendar
- Children will learn the basics of food preparation, kitchen safety, cooking and baking techniques, measuring, knife skills, healthy eating – but most of all, they'll learn how to have fun creating and enjoying delicious food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on entertaining and interactive cooking experience for children.
- Your budding little chef is sure to enjoy the world of "sticky fingers" and they may even make dinner for you one day!
What Do We Offer in our Kid's Cooking Classes?
- There are themed classes on Saturdays during fall, winter and spring
- Week-long camp sessions at Christmas Break, March Break and during the summer vacation period.
Testimonials From our Jr. Chefs - click here
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
COST - $595 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$85 per class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now or call 416.544.9221
SPRING 2019 - Kids Cooking class Program
Saturday March 30th to June 8th
- Classes are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday
- Two locations to choose from:
- Vaughan (Hwy 7 between Keele and Dufferin)
- Midtown Toronto (516 Mt. Pleasant Rd - south of Eglinton)
- Parents may drop off or stay and watch
- Your choice - book the 8 week program or pay by the class
- No class on Family Day Weekend - Feb. 16, 2019
- Age Group: Grade 1 to Grade 8
- Back for our 11th year, our Kids Cooking Class program is a "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get our Jr. Chefs comfortable in the kitchen, trying new foods and most of all to inspire kitchen creativity.
- Students will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more.
- Students will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class or take them home.
- This program will equip your child with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
- Classes are 100% Hands-on
or call 416.544.9221
SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE
– Let's Get Started
- week one is getting acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Kids will be working with meats, vegetables, spices and a variety of sauces.
Kitchen Safety; Knife Skills; Measuring; Baking vs Cooking
April 6 - Classic Vietnamese Cuisine
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and knife skills than in this week's class.
April 13 - Spanish Tapas
- Rice paper spring rolls
- Pho Bo (Beef Noodle Soup)
- Ken Bo (Avocado ice cream with coconut shavings)
- Skills - accurate measuring, fine knife skills; building flavours in soups, learning to use an ice cream maker
- Tapas is described as many small plate foods. The class will make three traditional dishes this week.
April 20 & 27 - No classes due to Passover & Easter
May 4 - Cinco de Mayo
- Oven roasted cherry tomatoes on crusty bread
- Assorted skewers
- Spanish meatballs
- Skills - grilling, pan frying, oven roasting
- May 5th is Mexico's celebration of their victory over France's Napolean III in 1862
May 11 - Mother's Day Brunch
- Homemade Tortilla Chips and Guacamole; Loaded nachos and salsa; tacos with a variety of fillings.
- Skills - deep frying; chopping, selecting ripe avocados, baking nachos, making tacos
The teens will plan the menu with the chef during the previous class. Mom will certainly be impressed on her special day.
May 18 - No Classes -
Victoria Day Week
May 25 - Summer Grilling for Kids -
we will prepare some fun teen foods that can be enjoyed during the hot summer months
June 1 - Italian Pasta Class -
- Sliders with homemade buns
- Personal pizzas with grilled veg and meats
- Grilled fruits with french vanilla ice cream
- Skills - measurement; baking; grilling
Kids love pasta and in this class they will prepare fresh pasta to make their own ravioli
June 8 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Ravioli with assorted fillings and served in a light cream sauce
- Caprese skewers
- Homemade Gelato
- Skills - making pasta dough, using a pasta machine to roll the pasta, making gelato from scratch
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
Children's Camps at The Chef Upstairs (click)
Children's Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
KIDS COOKING CLASSES - Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Kids Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.