The Kid's Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about fun.
2 Great locations - Toronto & Vaughan
8 Week Program: Sept 14 to Nov 16
Scroll Down for the Fall 2019 Kid's Cooking Class Calendar
- Children will learn the basics of food preparation, kitchen safety, cooking and baking techniques, measuring, knife skills, healthy eating – but most of all, they'll learn how to have fun creating and enjoying delicious food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on entertaining and interactive cooking experience for children.
- Your budding little chef is sure to enjoy the world of "sticky fingers" and they may even make dinner for you one day!
What Do We Offer in our Kid's Cooking Classes?
- There are themed classes on Saturdays during fall, winter and spring
- Week-long camp sessions at Christmas Break, March Break and during the summer vacation period.
Testimonials From our Jr. Chefs - click here
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
COST - $595 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$85 per class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now or call 416.544.9221
FALL 2019 - Kids Cooking class Program
Saturday September 14th to November 16th
- Classes are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday
- Two locations to choose from:
- Vaughan (Hwy 7 between Keele and Dufferin)
- Midtown Toronto (516 Mt. Pleasant Rd - south of Eglinton)
- Parents may drop off or stay and watch
- Your choice - book the 8 week program or pay by the class
- No class - Sept. 28, 2019
- No class on Thanksgiving Weekend - Oct. 12, 2019
- Age Group: Grade 1 to Grade 8
- Back for our 11th year, our Kids Cooking Class program is a "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get our Jr. Chefs comfortable in the kitchen, trying new foods and most of all to inspire kitchen creativity.
- Students will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more.
- Students will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class or take them home.
- This program will equip your child with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
- Classes are 100% Hands-on
or call 416.544.9221
FALL 2019 SCHEDULE
Sept. 14 - Let's Get Started
- there's no better way to learn basic kitchen safety, sanitation, measuring and knife skills than in this week's class.
Sept. 21 - Italian – Fun with Tomatoes
- Greek Salad
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
- Cheese and Fruit Phyllo bakes
- Skills - accurate measuring, fine knife skills; kitchen safety and sanitation
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and knife skills than in this week's class.
Sept. 28 - No Classes - High Holidays
- Romaine and oven dried cherry tomato salad with a creamy garlic dressing;
- Classic tomato sauce made in 45 minutes; )
- Three cheese Ravioli (pasta from scratch)
- Skills - accurate measuring, using a Kitchen Aid Mixer; making pasta dough; fine knife skills; building flavours, learning to season to taste
Oct. 5 - Thanksgiving Theme
- With Thanksgiving just a week away, the kids will learn to make these seasonal favourites
Oct. 12 - No Classes - Thanksgiving Weekend
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Turkey Stew with garlic-butter biscuits
- Individual Apple Pies
- Skills - making pie crusts; roasting squash; baking biscuits and pies
Oct. 19 - Soup Pho Me
- we will be teaching the kids these classic Vietnamese delights
Oct. 26 - Halloween Theme
- Lettuce Wraps
- Crispy Vegetable Dumplings
- Pho Bo - Beef Noodle Soup
- Skills - chopping, fine presentation skills, discovering new flavours and spices
The kids will plan the menu with the chef during the previous class.
Nov. 2 - Mexican Family Dinner -
we will prepare some fun Mexican foods that they can prepare for their whole family
Nov. 9 - Appetizers for Dinner -
- Chopped Salad
- Rice and beans
- Taco trio; Vegetarian, fish and chicken
- Buttery stove-top popcorn
- Skills - fine chopping; preparing rice; presentation; flavouring with Mexican spices
These delightful appetizers can be serves Tapas style (small plates) to make an entire meal
Nov. 16 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Panko Coated Fish Bites with Herb Aioli
- Truffled Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Mini Parmesan Tuiles
- Beef sliders with homemade buns and classic condiments
- Skills - using and egg wash to create a batter, flash frying with hot oil, baking burger buns, discovering new flavours and spices
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the kids to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
Children's Camps at The Chef Upstairs (click)
Children's Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
KIDS COOKING CLASSES - Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Kids Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.