The Kid's Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about fun.
2 Great locations - Toronto & Vaughan
8 Week Program: Jan. 5, 2019 to March 2, 2019
Scroll Down for the Winter 2019 Kid's Cooking Class Calendar
- Children will learn the basics of food preparation, kitchen safety, cooking and baking techniques, measuring, knife skills, healthy eating – but most of all, they'll learn how to have fun creating and enjoying delicious food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on entertaining and interactive cooking experience for children.
- Your budding little chef is sure to enjoy the world of "sticky fingers" and they may even make dinner for you one day!
What Do We Offer in our Kid's Cooking Classes?
- There are themed classes on Saturdays during fall, winter and spring
- Week-long camp sessions at Christmas Break, March Break and during the summer vacation period.
Testimonials From our Jr. Chefs - click here
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
COST - $595 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$85 per class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now or call 416.544.9221
WINTER 2019 - Kids Cooking class Program
Saturday January 5th to March 2nd
- Classes are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday
- Two locations to choose from:
- Vaughan (Hwy 7 between Keele and Dufferin)
- Midtown Toronto (516 Mt. Pleasant Rd - south of Eglinton)
- Parents may drop off or stay and watch
- Your choice - book the 8 week program or pay by the class
- No class on Family Day Weekend - Feb. 16, 2019
- Age Group: Grade 1 to Grade 8
- Back for our 11th year, our Kids Cooking Class program is a "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get our Jr. Chefs comfortable in the kitchen, trying new foods and most of all to inspire kitchen creativity.
- Students will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more.
- Students will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class or take them home.
- This program will equip your child with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
- Classes are 100% Hands-on
or call 416.544.9221
WINTER 2019 SCHEDULE
– Let's Get Started
- week one is getting acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be working with meats, vegetables, spices and a variety of sauces.
January 12 - Baking up a Storm
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and baking skills than in this week's class.
January 19 - Italian Comfort Food
- Big and soft ginger cookies that taste great dipped in a glass of milk
- Easy Cinnamon rolls
- One bite brownies
- Skills - accurate measuring, baking at different temperatures; baking cookies vs brownies vs rolls, learning to use baking tools and equipment
January 26 - Superbowl Tailgate Party
- You will make light and fluffy potato gnocchi from scratch and prepare with a tomato sauce, a cream sauce and pan fried.
- Skills - gnocchi dough from scratch, simple sauces from scratch, boiling and pan frying gnocchi
February 2 - Chinese New Year
- Chicken wings, Sweet Potato Fries, Homemade Tortilla Chips and Guacamole from scratch.
- Skills - deep frying; baking, chopping, selecting ripe avocados
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with some easy to learn Chinese dishes
February 9 - Valentine's Class
- Wonton Soup from Scratch
- Spring Rolls
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Skills - stir frying, cooking noodles, making wontons, plenty of knife skills and chopping
February 16 - No Classes -
- What teen doesn't love chocolate? They will learn how to prepare a delicious chocolate mousse dessert and a flourless chocolate cake!
- Skills - measurement; baking math; food chemistry
Family Day Week
February 23 - Prepare a Dinner for your Family
After celebrating Family Day Weekend, what would be better than learning how to make a complete dinner for your whole family.
March 2 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Hearts of romaine and radicchio with a creamy garlic dressing
- Boneless Chicken thighs with Red Wine Vinegar and Tomatoes
- Country mash of potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Chocolate and banana crepes
- Skills - knife skills, deboning chicken, vinaigrettes vs emulsions
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
Children's Camps at The Chef Upstairs (click)
Children's Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
KIDS COOKING CLASSES - Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Kids Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.