The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Spring 2018 Classes - April 9/10 to June 4/5
(Scroll down to see the weekly schedule)
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
SPRING 2018 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
- Week of April 9th to Week of June 4th
- Two Great Locations to choose from:
- Toronto - Mondays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Vaughan - Tuesdays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2006 or earlier)
- Pricing: $525 plus HST for 8 weeks or $75 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
SPRING 2018 - TEEN CLASS SCHEDULE
April 9/10 – Let's Get Started
- week one is get acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be working with meats, vegetables, spices and a variety of sauces.
April 16/17 - Baking for Teens
- in today's class our Teens will learn that baking is a science and much more exacting than cooking. Baking involves exact measuring and following strict steps. They will make mini chicken pot pies, loaded baked potatoes and a seasonal cake.
April 23/24 - A Taste of Greece
- Everyone loves classic Greek food and in this class the instructors will be sharing their favourite dishes. Chicken Souvlaki, Tzatziki, Greek Salad, Babaghanoush and nut free Baklava.
April 30 / May 1 - Mexican Day
- May 5th is a National Holiday in Mexico (Cinco de Mayo) To celebrate this day our Teens will have a Taco party (steak, chicken, fish and vegetables) with non-alcoholic Pina Coladas and traditional berries and cream.
May 7/8 - Mother's Day Brunch
– Surprise your mother on Mother's Day with a secret menu just for her!
May 14/15 - BBQ Fun for the Long Weekend
– our Teens will make their own slider buns from scratch; home made beef and chicken sliders with classic sides and a Fruit crumble.
May 19 - Victoria Day Weekend - No Class
May 28/29 - Italian Day
- in today's class they will make Minestrone Soup, pasta from scratch, which will be used to make their own personal lasagna with a delicious tomato sauce and deconstructed cannolis.
June 4/5 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the kids to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series
$75 per single class plus HST
Click Here to Register Now
or call 416.544.9221
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
TEENS COOKING CLASSES:
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a TEENS Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.