The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Winter 2019 Classes - Jan. 7/8 to March 4/5 **SOLD OUT** Both Locations
SPRING CLASSES - REGISTRATION OPENS FEB. 15
Classes start the week of April 1st
email to be added to the Spring Waiting List
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
WINTER 2019 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
Week of JAN. 7/8 to Week of MARCH 4/5
- Two Great Locations to choose from:
- Toronto - Mondays - 7 PM to 9 PM **SOLD OUT**
- Vaughan - Tuesdays - 7 PM to 9 PM **SOLD OUT**
- Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2007 or earlier)
- Pricing: $595 plus HST for 8 weeks or $85 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
WINTER 2019 - TEEN CLASS SCHEDULE
– Let's Get Started
- week one is getting acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be working with meats, vegetables, spices and a variety of sauces.
January 14/15 - Baking up a Storm
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and baking skills than in this week's class.
January 21/22 - Italian Comfort Food
- Big and soft ginger cookies that taste great dipped in a glass of milk
- Easy Cinnamon rolls
- One bite brownies
- Skills - accurate measuring, baking at different temperatures; baking cookies vs brownies vs rolls, learning to use baking tools and equipment
January 28/29 - Superbowl Tailgate Party
- You will make light and fluffy potato gnocchi from scratch and prepare with a tomato sauce, a cream sauce and pan fried.
- Skills - gnocchi dough from scratch, simple sauces from scratch, boiling and pan frying gnocchi
February 4/5 - Chinese New Year
- Chicken wings, Sweet Potato Fries, Homemade Tortilla Chips and Guacamole from scratch.
- Skills - deep frying; baking, chopping, selecting ripe avocados
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with some easy to learn Chinese dishes.
February 11/12 - Valentine's Class
- Wonton Soup from Scratch
- Spring Rolls
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Skills - stir frying, cooking noodles, making wontons, plenty of knife skills and chopping
February 18/19 - No Classes -
- What teen doesn't love chocolate? They will learn how to prepare a delicious chocolate mousse dessert and a flourless chocolate cake!
- Skills - measurement; baking math; food chemistry
Family Day Week
February 25/26 - Prepare a Dinner for your Family
After celebrating Family Day Weekend, what would be better than learning how to make a complete dinner for your whole family.
March 4/5 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Hearts of romaine and radicchio with a creamy garlic dressing
- Boneless Chicken thighs with Red Wine Vinegar and Tomatoes
- Country mash of potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Chocolate and banana crepes
- Skills - knife skills, deboning chicken, vinaigrettes vs emulsions
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
TEENS COOKING CLASSES:
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a TEENS Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.