The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Fall 2019 Classes - Sept 16/17 to Nov 18/19
Toronto - Monday 7 pm to 9 pm
Vaughan - Tuesday 7 pm to 9 pm
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
FALL 2019 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2007 or earlier)
Pricing: $595 plus HST for 8 weeks or $85 plus HST per class
Week of SEPT 16/17 to Week of NOV 18/19
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
FALL 2019 - TEEN CLASS SCHEDULE
– Let's Get Started
- week one is getting acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be taught kitchen safety, knife skills, measuring techniques and the differences between baking and cooking
Sept 23/24 - Italian – Fun with Tomatoes
- Greek Salad
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
- Cheese and Fruit Phyllo bakes
- Skills - accurate measuring, fine knife skills; kitchen safety and sanitation
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and knife skills than in this week's class.
Sept 30 / Oct 1 - No Classes - Rosh Hashanah
- Romaine and oven dried cherry tomato salad with a creamy garlic dressing;
- Classic tomato sauce made in 45 minutes; )
- Three cheese Ravioli (pasta from scratch)
- Skills - accurate measuring, using a Kitchen Aid Mixer; making pasta dough; fine knife skills; building flavours, learning to season to taste
Oct 7/8 - Thanksgiving Theme
- With Thanksgiving just a week away, the kids will learn to make these seasonal favourites
Oct 14/15 - No Classes - Thanksgiving
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Turkey Stew with garlic-butter biscuits
- Individual Apple Pies
- Skills - making pie crusts; roasting squash; baking biscuits and pies
Oct 21/22 - Soup Pho Me
- we will be teaching the kids these classic Vietnamese delights
Oct 28/29 - Halloween Theme
- Lettuce Wraps
- Crispy Vegetable Dumplings
- Pho Bo - Beef Noodle Soup
- Skills - chopping, fine presentation skills, discovering new flavours and spices
The teens will plan the menu with the chef during the previous class.
Nov 4/5 - Mexican Family Dinner -
we will prepare some fun Mexican foods that they can prepare for their whole family
Nov 11/12 - Appetizers for Dinner -
- Chopped Salad
- Rice and beans
- Taco trio; Vegetarian, fish and chicken
- Buttery stove-top popcorn
- Skills - fine chopping; preparing rice; presentation; flavouring with Mexican spices
These delightful appetizers can be serves Tapas style (small plates) to make an entire meal
Nov 18/19 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Panko Coated Fish Bites with Herb Aioli
- Truffled Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Mini Parmesan Tuiles
- Beef sliders with homemade buns and classic condiments
- Skills - using and egg wash to create a batter, flash frying with hot oil, baking burger buns, discovering new flavours and spices
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
TEEN'S COOKING CLASSES:
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a TEEN'S Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.