The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Spring 2019 Classes - April 1/2 to June 3/4
**Toronto Spring Classes Sold Out**
**Vaughan Classes - Spaces Available**
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
SPRING 2019 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
Week of APRIL 1/2 to Week of JUNE 3/4
- Two Great Locations to choose from:
- Toronto - Mondays - 7 PM to 9 PM
- Vaughan - Tuesdays - 7 PM to 9 PM
- Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2007 or earlier)
- Pricing: $595 plus HST for 8 weeks or $85 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
SPRING 2019 - TEEN CLASS SCHEDULE
– Let's Get Started
- week one is getting acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be taught kitchen safety, knife skills, measuring techniques and the differences between baking and cooking
April 8/9 - Classic Vietnamese Cuisine
- there's no better way to learn basic measuring and knife skills than in this week's class.
April 15/16 - Spanish Tapas
- Rice paper spring rolls
- Pho Bo (Beef Noodle Soup)
- Ken Bo (Avocado ice cream with coconut shavings)
- Skills - accurate measuring, fine knife skills; building flavours in soups, learning to use an ice cream maker
- Tapas is described as many small plate foods. The class will make three traditional dishes this week.
April 22/23 - No Classes - Easter & Passover Week
- Oven roasted cherry tomatoes on crusty bread
- Assorted skewers
- Spanish meatballs
- Skills - grilling, pan frying, oven roasting
April 29/30 - Cinco de Mayo
- May 5th is Mexico's celebration of their victory over France's Napolean III in 1862
May 6/7 - Mother's Day Brunch
- Homemade Tortilla Chips and Guacamole; Loaded nachos and salsa; tacos with a variety of fillings.
- Skills - deep frying; chopping, selecting ripe avocados, baking nachos, making tacos
The teens will plan the menu with the chef during the previous class. Mom will certainly be impressed on her special day.
May 13/14 - Summer Grilling for Teens -
we will prepare some fun teen foods that can be enjoyed during the hot summer months
May 20/21 - No Classes -
- Sliders with homemade buns
- Personal pizzas with grilled veg and meats
- Grilled fruits with french vanilla ice cream
- Skills - measurement; baking; grilling
Victoria Day Weekend
May 27/28 - Italian Pasta Class -
Kids love pasta and in this class they will prepare fresh pasta to make their own ravioli
June 3/4 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- Ravioli with assorted fillings and served in a light cream sauce
- Caprese skewers
- Homemade Gelato
- Skills - making pasta dough, using a pasta machine to roll the pasta, making gelato from scratch
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
TEEN'S COOKING CLASSES:
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a TEEN'S Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.