The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Fall 2018 Classes - Sept. 24/25 to Nov. 19/20
(Scroll down to see the weekly schedule)
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
FALL 2018 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
- Week of Sept. 24/25 to Week of November 19/20
- Two Great Locations to choose from:
- Toronto - Mondays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Vaughan - Tuesdays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2006 or earlier)
- Pricing: $595 plus HST for 8 weeks or $85 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
FALL 2018 - TEEN CLASS SCHEDULE
Sept 24 / 25
– Let's Get Started
- week one is get acquainted with the kitchen. In this introductory class our Teens will be working with meats, vegetables, spices and a variety of sauces.
October 1 / 2- Fall Harvest / Thanksgiving
- in today's class our Teens will learn that baking is a science and much more exacting than cooking. Baking involves exact measuring and following strict steps. They will make Fall Fruit Chutney, Roast Turkey Sandwiches with home made buns and an apple cranberry coleslaw.
October 8 / 9 - No Class for Thanksgiving Week
October 15 / 16 - Fun with Apples
- Everyone loves apples and this is peak harvest time. In this class they will be making an amazing Apple Squash Soup; Apple Crumble; Cinnamon Apple chips.
October 22 / 23 - Italian Fun with Tomatoes
– Todays class will focus on tomatoes. The teens will make Bruschetta, a classic tomato sauce and Nona's homemade Lasagna.
October 29 / 30 - Halloween Treats
– our Teens will plan a fun menu with the chef on the preceding week.
November 5 / 6 - Mexican Delights
- in today's class they will make Quesadillas; Chicken Tacos with mole sauce and Fried Ice Cream.
November 12 / 13 - Asian Street Foods
- throughout Asia, street vendors sell amazing food. The teens will make Dim Sum Dumplings, WonTon Soup and Fried Rice (veg or chicken).
November 19 / 20 - Iron Chef Grand Finale
- this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the teens to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
COST - $595 plus HST for the 8-class series
$85 per single class plus HST
Click Here to Register Now
or call 416.544.9221
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
TEENS COOKING CLASSES:
Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a TEENS Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.