Exclusive Chef Spotlight Menu featuring Anastasia Danos: Mama Anna’s House
“My mom was many things, including an incredible home cook. She passed when I was 14 years old, but I saved her notebook, hand-written with all her recipes. She was an immigrant and a stay-at-home mom who perfected her craft. All along the way, I was “apprenticing; learning and devouring not only her delicious food, but all the knowledge. Over the years, I’ve perfected her recipes and made them my own to be able to pass down to my own daughter.” – Chef Anastasia
“Come in come in, what would you like to eat?” - My mother anytime someone came over
Upon arrival: A plate of Dodonis Feta, Kefalotyri and Manouri Cheese, Marinated Spiced Olives, Fresh Figs, Fresh Cut Peaches
Youverilakia Soup (Pork and Beef Mini Meatball Soup in a Chicken Stock and Egg-Lemon Emulsion)
Tomato and Onion Salad with Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt and Lots of Pepper
Pastitsio (Greek Lasagna) with Bucatini, Ground Lamb, Pork and Veal Sugo-Style Sauce and Bechamel
Red Wine Pudding
The Evening’s Specialty Drinks: Greek Coffee and Greek Mountain Tea or Mama’s Night Cap; A Snifter of Warm Brandy
- Classes begin at 6:30 p.m. and are about 3 hours long
- Our classes combine fun and learning through an interactive, team approach in our single stove family style kitchen
- All guests will work together to create a full meal of several courses with multiple steps, under the guidance our chef - learn and then eat!
- Each course is broken down into key steps and recipes will be emailed after the class so you can recreate the meal at home
- The chef will offer tips and tricks based on their personal experiences.
- When not cooking, relax with a glass of wine, beer, cocktail or soft drink (available for purchase during the class)