Our Cooking Camp is sure to inspire your child's inner chef!
For kids aged 7-16, our Winter Break Camp will be running on Tuesday December 23, Wednesday December 24, Friday December 27, Monday December 30, Tuesday December 31, Thursday January 2 and Friday January 3 at $135 plus HST per day.
Classes start at 9 a.m., pick up time is 4 p.m.
Each day includes a daily themed breakfast, lunch and a snack (see below for daily themes)
We offer a hands-on experience to get kids comfortable in the kitchen and try new foods, all while encouraging their creativity. Our junior chefs will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more. In between cooking and eating, the kids will enjoy food-themed activities and time outside to play (weather permitting).
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
We offer programs throughout the school year including Saturday morning and Tuesday evening classes, PD Day, March Break and Summer Camps as well as private parties.
Monday December 23– Happy Holidays – Meals to Celebrate!
- Fresh made buns with cream cheese, home made jam and tuna and fresh smoothies.
- Whole roasted chicken, potato latkes with apple sauce and sour cream, carrot and raisin salad
- Sufganyot (jelly filled donuts)
Tuesday December 24 – Happy Holidays – Meals to Celebrate!
- Eggs Benedict with fresh fruit and smashed potatoes
- Tourtiere (French-Canadian meat pie)
- Chili sauce
- Roasted root vegetables
- Maple Fudge
Friday December 27 - IRON CHEF DAY! Chef’s choice
Monday December 30 - Italian
- Fresh smoothies and Italian crepes
- Pasta and pizza with Caesar salad
- Gelato and orange cookies
Tuesday December 31 – Happy New Year!
- New Year's Party Favourites – Classic breakfast with fresh fruit, ultimate grilled cheese and fully loaded nachos, make and decorate fresh cupcakes
Thursday January 2 – Asian Fusion
- Pancakes with mango, banana and chocolate chips
- Vegetable Shanghai, assorted dumplings and sauces
- Sticky rice cake
Friday January 3 – IRON CHEF DAY! Chef’s choice