Red Wine Sangria*
Download recipe here
Makes 12 servings (10 oz/serving)
- 1 lemon sliced into rounds
- 1 lime sliced into rounds
- 1 orange sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine (I used Pelee Island Baco Noir - $9.95)
- ½ cup triple sec
- ½ cup brandy
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1 bottle (750 ml) carbonated water or club soda
- Fresh or frozen strawberries and raspberries for serving
- 2 to 3 days before serving, ferment the fruit by mixing the sliced lemon, lime and orange in a container with a lid. Add the sugar and refrigerate turning occasionally.
- The day before serving, mix everything together except the carbonated water and fresh fruit. This includes the fermented fruit, all the juices, red wine, triple sec, brandy and the maraschino cherries.
- To serve, use a large wine glass or tumbler and fill 1/3 with ice. Pour the carbonated water into the serving glass to just below the ice. Add the Sangria, straining so the fermented fruit is not part of the serving. Top with fresh or frozen raspberries and strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy ...then share the recipe with all your friends!!
* Courtesy of Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery - Essex County Ontario