Ingredients - Simple Greek Salad
4 cups romaine hearts, washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
1 large ripe tomato
½ field cucumber peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1/8 cup greek feta cheese
¼ cup Kalamata olives
1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
Fresh salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash romaine hearts, tear into bite size pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner; add to medium sized salad bowl
2. Cut tomato into bite size pieces and add to salad bowl
3. Peel and cut cucumber into bite size pieces and add to salad bowl
4. Crumble feta cheese with a fork and add to the salad bowl
5. Drizzle with olive oil
6. Add dried oregano, salt and pepper
7. Toss and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
Ingredients - Grilled Shrimp
Serves 4 - 6
1-1/2 lb. raw extra-jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 per lb.), peeled (leave tail segment intact) and deveined 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Vegetable oil, for the grill
Ground black pepper
1. May be prepared on a hot grill or under the broiler.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 Tbs. of the lemon juice and the paprika; marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes.
3. Thread the shrimp onto metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes.
4. Season the shrimp on both sides with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
5. Clean and oil the grill grates. Grill the shrimp, flipping once, until firm and opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes total