3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
2 Shallots (sliced)
2 tsp Ginger (sliced)
1 – 3 Thai Red Chili (depending on love for spice)
1 stick Lemon Grass (bruised)
6 Kafir Lime Leaf or zest of 3 limes
2 tsp Cumin, ground
2 cans Coconut Cream
2 cups Vegetable/Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
¼ cup Fish Sauce
1 bunch Thai Basil
1 bunch Cilantro
4 Roasted and chopped Chicken Thighs
½ lb shrimp (31/40’s are good), shell off, tail off
1 Sliced and Roasted Eggplant
1 Sliced and Roasted Red Pepper
½ cup Sliced and quickly cooked Sugar Snap Peas
1. Heat oven to 375F. Cut eggplant, peppers and chicken to about ¼ inch thickness. Toss each garnish individually in a little oil, place on individual parchment-lined baking trays and roast for 12 minutes. Set aside for later.
2. On medium heat, add grapeseed/vegetable oil to pot. Sauté garlic, ginger, chili, shallot, lime leaf and lemongrass until garlic browns slightly.
3. Add cumin and toast for 15 seconds.
4. Add coconut cream and stock and reduce by 1/3.
5. Pull out lemon grass. Add brown sugar and fish sauce.
6. Add sauce to blender, add all fresh herbs and blend well.
7. Check for seasoning and add more fish sauce if necessary.
8. Add shrimp and chicken and heat on medium for 1 minute.
9. Add remaining garnishes and cook for another minute. Serve.