Makes 6 to 8 pcs
For the Crostini/toasts:
½ baguette cut into 1/2'” rounds
EV Olive oil
Cannellini (White) Bean Mixture
2 cloves garlic (small dice)
½ onion diced (about ½ cup)
1 can white beans (19 ounces)
½ cup white wine.
1 ½ to 2 cups Chicken stock
1 tbsp fresh thyme and the
Zest of ½ lemon.
1 ½ tbsp cold unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Add a drizzle of truffle oil.
1. Sauté 2 cloves garlic and ½ diced onion.
2. Add 1 can white beans and ½ cup white wine. Allow to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. 3. Add vegetable/chicken stock to cover beans, bring to a simmer and cook until beans thicken. 4. Add 1 tbsp fresh thyme and the zest of ½ lemon.
3. Add 1 ½ tbsp cold butter and blend.
4. Remove half of bean mixture and blend with hand blender. Combine with the unblended batch. 7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Optional: Add a drizzle of truffle oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Slice bread and add to a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven until golden brown about 5 minutes.
3. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil right before serving.
4. Top with one of the three toppings or mix and match