Pate a Choux- Cream Puffs & Eclairs
In this class, you will learn how to master the versatile Choux paste, Pastry cream, Chantilly cream and Diplomat cream, and how to transform them into cream puffs and eclairs. The Choux Pastry class will provide you with the intrinsic knowledge and basic skills behind this traditional French pastry. Caterina will teach you how to make the ultimate Pâte à Choux so you can produce new creations in your own kitchen including cream puffs, eclairs and choux swans. You will take home a selection of your creations to enjoy with your family and friends!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Recipes and techniques to make the perfect choux pastry
- A range of delicious traditional and modern cream fillings
- Piping and assembly techniques
- A range of finishing techniques including the use of glazes and decorations
Born and raised in Canada, with deep family roots in the southern Italian region of Calabria, Caterina is passionate about maintaining family traditions, especially in the kitchen. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the baking industry, and certification as a Master Cake Decorator, specializing in both traditional Italian desserts and custom designed cakes. She is the owner of the boutique online bakery, Charme & Clique.
- Class begins at 2 p.m. and will be about 2 hours long
- Guests will work in pairs and will each get to take home at least 1 dozen pastries
- Enjoy a glass of wine, beer, cocktail or soft drink (available for purchase during the class)
- Please note, if you are using a Gift Certificate with 7 digits to book your class, add a 0 to the start of the code and do not use any dashes. For example, 12-345-67 should be 01234567.