Offered on all PD Days for the TDSB for kids aged 7-16.
Classes start at 9 a.m., pick up time is 4 p.m.
Our Junior Chefs will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
Each day includes breakfast, lunch and a snack (see below for daily themes) and we also get to enjoy the local park outside (weather permitting), or indoor food-themed activities.
Your child will soon be making dinner for you every night!
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
Friday October 11 - Fantastically Fall
- Smoothies, Eggs Benedict and Florentine, smashed hash, roasted tomatoes
- Roasted turkey legs, gravy, stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes and seasonal veggies
- Cheddar apple pies with homemade vanilla ice cream
Friday November 15 - Italian
- Fresh smoothies and frittatas
- Cheese ravioli and tortellini, minestrone soup, garlic bread
- Deconstructed tiramisu
Friday December 6 – Asian Fusion
- Sweet and savoury pancakes with fresh fruit
- Sesame chicken, teriyaki salmon and red coconut curry beef with steamed rice and veggie stir fry
- Crispy dessert dumplings
Friday January 17 - Israeli
- Yogurt, granola and berry parfaits
- Chicken shawarma, falafel, fresh pita bread, Israeli salad, hummus
- Baklava, made with sunflower seeds!
Friday February 14– Valentine’s Day
- Fresh smoothies, eggs Benedict and Florentine with breakfast potatoes
- Fresh made gnocchi with slow cooked ragu, roasted butternut squash and arugula salad
- Chocolate dipped strawberries and heart shaped meringues
Friday June 5 – Mexican
- Huevos rancheros (tortillas baked in muffin tins with eggs and beans), avocados, cheese, sour cream and salsa on the side
- Fajita Party! beef, chicken, pepper, onions, corn and black bean salsa with mexican chopped salad
- Churros with caramel and chocolate sauce