Week 1 - Monday March 9 - Friday March 13, 2020 & Week 2 - Monday March 16-Friday March 20, 2020
Classes start at 9 a.m., pick up time is 4 p.m.
Our Junior Chefs will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
Each day includes breakfast, lunch and a snack (see daily menus below) and we also get to enjoy time outside and tend to our garden (weather permitting), or indoor food-themed activities.
Your child will soon be making dinner for you every night!
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
Monday March 9 – Classic Favourites
- Fresh smoothies and eggs Benedict and Florentine, smashed hash, roasted tomatoes
- Roasted turkey legs, gravy, stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes and seasonal veggies
- Cheddar apple pies with homemade vanilla ice cream
Tuesday March 10 - Italian
- Breakfast paninis with fresh fruit
- Ricotta and sweet potato gnocchi, Gorgonzola cream sauce, arugula salad
- Individual tiramisu
Wednesday March 11 – Mexican
- Breakfast burritos with crispy Mexican potatoes
- Taco party and chopped Mexican salad
- Tres leches cake with berries & cream
Thursday March 12 – Asian Fusion
- Sweet and savoury pancakes with fresh fruit
- Sesame chicken, teriyaki salmon and red coconut curry beef with steamed rice and veggie stir fry
- Crispy dessert dumplings
Friday March 13 - IRON CHEF DAY! Chef’s choice
Monday March 16 – Classics to Warm you up!
- Pancakes, bacon, hash browns and fresh made jam with apple cider
- Butternut squash soup, beef bourguignon and garlic mashed potatoes with Caesar salad
- Bicotti and hot cocoa
Tuesday March 17 - Italian
- Fresh smoothies and frittatas
- Veggie & meat lasagnas with Caesar salad and bruschetta
Wednesday March 18 – Mexican
- Huevos rancheros (tortillas baked in muffin tins with eggs and beans), avocados, cheese, sour cream and salsa on the side
- Fajita Party! beef, chicken, pepper, onions, corn and black bean salsa with mexican chopped salad
- Churros with caramel and chocolate sauce
Thursday March 20 - Greek
- Fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Chicken souvlaki with Greek salad and spanakopita
- Baklava, made with sunflower seeds!
Friday March 21 - IRON CHEF DAY! Chef’s choice